It’s a trainer-approved recipe from my kitchen to yours! Fish in its natural state can be a bit of an acquired taste. Fish processed and deep fried (of the “filet-o” variety), on the other hand, is of questionable value. Here’s a great compromise: a recipe from my own kitchen for the whole family that’s high-fibre, low-cal and makes perfect fodder for those dip-loving youngsters (and husbands). And it’s fast!
Yields 4 servings.
- 3 large fillets of tilapia (approximately 1.5 pounds total)
- 2 cups bran flake cereal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or white flour
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Slice fish into hearty fingers of roughly equal proportion. Salt & pepper to taste.
3. Beat eggs.
4. Place cereal in large ziploc bag and crush well.
5. Dip fish thoroughly into flour, then egg; shake in cereal to coat.
6. Bake on lightly greased pan until cooked through but still moist, about 15 minutes. Serve with a favourite sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Information: (per serving) 310 calories; 5.4 g fat; 36.4 g protein; 28.2 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber.
There are no comments