Well, it’s (almost) that time of year again. Time for packing my girls school lunches, and for me that involves trying not to take the easy route and tossing in packaged convenience snacks! My girls definitely prefer my baking anyways! And if they want it with creative flair, then I can whip out the mini cookie cutters, so that the loaf I made is now in bite size cute shapes! (The slice with the cut-outs in it then becomes a snack with my mid-morning coffee! no waste!)
Lemon Zucchini Loaf
1.5 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, beat together the zucchini, sugar, egg, oil, and applesauce.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; stir in the cinnamon and lemon zest.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the zucchini mixture just until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from heat, and cool about 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approximately 12 delicious slices! Hope you enjoy! 😀
There are no comments