Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
I adore paper plate crafts! They are usually pretty simple and there are ideas for every season and every holiday! Now that I’m teaching pre-K I have a great opportunity to try some new crafts. My son isn’t quite old enough to do too many art projects but my students are. So I was on the hunt for Thanksgiving crafts for kids last week.
Paper Plate Pumpkin Pie
When I think of Thanksgiving, I immediately think of turkeys. But when my teaching partner suggested we make paper plate pumpkin pie, I was on board! Here’s what you need:
- Orange and brown paint
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Paper plate
- Paintbrush (optional, you can always use fingers!)
- Pencil or pen
Here’s what you do:
- Cut the paper plate into 4 slices and draw a line to divide the pie crust from the filling.
- Paint the top edge brown to be the crust.
- Paint the center orange to be pumpkin pie filling.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle orange with pumpkin pie spice.
It’s that easy to make! Kids of all ages can get involved with this craft! It’s also a fun way to practice fractions with older kids!
There are no comments