It’s that time of year! Yes, Christmas is one of the best times to have people over, whether it be family or a gathering of your friends, to celebrate and have fun! One of the things that people have at a get-together is food, especially around the holiday season. I just had a few of my friends over for a night of fun and catching up, and I made sure that my guests were fed! One of the vittles we noshed on was a Merry Mixed Bean Curry Dip with Cheese that is very easy to make and is really delicious to eat!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this dip:
1 Can of Mixed Beans
Half of a can of Whole Tomatoes
1 Can of Tomato Paste
3 Tablespoons of Madras Curry Paste
1/2 Cup of Shredded Old Cheddar Cheese
A Dash of Salt and Pepper
1. Mix the whole tomatoes and the tomato paste together. I use a potato masher to make sure the tomatoes and the paste are smashed together well. Place this mixture into a medium sauce pan.
2. Drain the can of mixed beans of the water inside of it, and mix into the tomato mixture.
3. Stir the madras curry paste into the sauce pan.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste in the sauce pan.
5. Place cover onto the sauce pan over low heat and stir occasionally for 10 minutes. I find that if I am using this dish for a get-together, that I will turn the heat down so it to simmer and continue to stir it until it is ready to serve.
6. Once you are ready to serve, place dip into a bowl and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top for your guests to dip chips or bread into it. If it is a smaller group you are entertaining, you can serve your guests individual bowls of dip and sprinkle cheese into each bowl.
The great aspect of this dip is that you do not have to have it as just a dip. You can add rice to it then place it into a pita for a wrap sandwich! You can also add other foods to this dip such as chicken or vegetables to make it heartier to eat as a meal. You can even adjust the amount of the madras curry paste so you can have it as hot or as mild as you like. This dip could even be spread over nachos instead of tortilla chips, then sprinkle cheese over everything and set them under the broiler for a few minutes to give nachos a different taste. There are so many ways you can eat this dip, and all of them are festive and fun!
I hope that you give this quick and easy mixed bean curry dip a try this holiday season! It will warm you up after being coming in from the cold, and it will give you a bit of a kick to want to continue the festivities and be merry!
Enjoy and happy holidays!