My little guy is about to turn 8 months, I know right? Where did that time go? As the idea of returning to work is quickly approaching I have been on a mission to make my life easier when I return home after a long day’s work. So I did what pretty much is the go to thing now a days. I went on the internet to find some yummy, easy peasy crock pot meals. I first started by just searching crock pot meals and then sending the links to my husband to see if he liked them. The first one I tried is a Crock Pot Lasagna. (recipe, steps and photos will be posted below)
I have complied quite the list of recipes to try and will keep you all posted on those that pass the family taste test.
After I chose the one I wanted, I ran out to the store, very excited to try this new meal out. It was a short shop as it does not require too many ingredients and prep time was nothing. I hope your family will enjoy it as much as mine did.
The Original recipe can be found at : http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-lasagna-114123.aspx
Kraft Crock Pot Lasagna:
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 jar (24oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 container (15oz) Original Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pkg (7oz) Kraft 2% Mozzarella Cheese (I also used some Kraft marble cheese)
- 1 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese (divided in ¼’s)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley ( I left this out of my recipe)
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked ** make sure to get the oven ready noodles** (If your crock pot is on the larger side, you may need more noodles, adjust accordingly)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet on stove, drain liquid.
- Add 1 jar spaghetti sauce and water
- Mix in the Ricotta, 1 ½ cups mozzarella & 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (or a bit more depending on your preference)
- Add in egg
- Add parsley (Or any other vegetables, spices you would like to include)
**Combine the remaining cheese for the cheese topping**
- Add one cup of the meat sauce to the slowcooker
- Layer noodles on top of the sauce (Break to fit)
- Top noodles with cheese mixture (sprinkle until well covered)
- Repeat the above steps (Add as many layers as you would like/crockpot will accommodate)
- Make sure to finish the top off with the cheese mixture
Cover the crock pot with the lid Cook on low for 4-6 hours (or until liquid is absorbed)
Add additional cheese/parmasean 10min before serving for a really cheesy lasagna
We enjoyed our crock pot lasagna with some texas toast garlic bread and a Caesar salad.
It was so nice to come home from a busy day of running errands, kid pick up/drop off and grocery shopping to the house smelling delicious and supper being ready within minutes. I can’t wait to use this one when I return to work.
If you are looking for more great crockpot meals I have started a board on Pinterest and will be posting more mommy saver meals in the near future.
Looks delicious! I will have to give this a try!
My crockpot is a lifesaver! Must try this recipe! Thanks for sharing.