With our hectic schedule, breakfast time is usually a rush for me and I need something to take on the go. A breakfast smoothie quickly became my best friend. Not only was it quick and easy, it is full of nutrients. For me this was a win – win!
It can be easy to fall into a smoothie rut, especially if you are limited on time. So it is so important to change up your smoothie ingredients and not be afraid to try something new.
My favourite summer time recipe? My kids have nicknamed it “tropical dreams”!
For this smoothie you will need:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of vanilla flavoured almond milk
- 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 1 tbsp of hemp hearts (optional but it does add in protein to keep you full longer)
Add the almond milk, banana, pineapple and hemp hearts to your blender. On high, blend the ingredients until they are smooth. You will need to blend the smoothie longer because of the pineapple, otherwise you may have string like pieces in your drink.
To take my smoothie on the go, I love to use mason jars – they fit perfectly in my purse.
- Add in 1/2 cup or 1 full cup of spinach! This will give alter the colour of your smoothie but definitely not the taste.
- Substitute the hemp hearts for Matcha green tea. I usually use 1 tsp only as this gives me a nice energy boost without being too overwhelming.
- Add in oranges or strawberries to taste
What are your favourite smoothie combinations?
Yum! This combines all the things I love, going to give it a try! Thank you!
Love this idea! I’m lactose intolerant so the almond milk is a huge plus for me!