Top 4 Multi-Purpose Makeup Products For Busy Moms

When you are a busy mom your makeup products need to be pulling double duty and be fast and easy to use. Often moms are so busy caring for everyone else that they don’t have time to put on a full face of makeup (not that you need to anyway!) These are a few of my favourite makeup products right now that are multi-purpose or just super simple to apply.

NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencil

This brand has created a whole makeup line in pencil form! That means no brushes or sponges required so the only tool you need is your fingertips! Their mission is “go nude, but better” and they encourage women to enhance their natural beauty instead of covering it up.  I love these Lip + Cheek pencils because they are super hydrating on the lips and can also be used as a beautiful cream blush. They come in 8 colours, but my favourites are Mystic (a pretty pink neutral) and Sin (a lovely rose gold).

LIP-02

NUDESTIX Bronzing Pencil

This is a two-in-one product (always a plus) with a sun-kissed shimmer on one end and a matte bronzing shade on the other. You can use this to contour your cheekbones, highlight your eyes and use anywhere you want to give yourself a little extra glow. It’s waterproof, non-creasing and fast-drying. That means you simply draw it on, blend with your fingertips and you’re set for the whole day. Even if you break a sweat this makeup won’t budge!

bronzingpencil02

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel

Brows are a huge trend right now and have been for years. Bold, full brows are a great way to make your eyes pop and complete a makeup look. You can find a variety of products on the market including pencils to waxes but they all require patience and something many moms just don’t have – time. It’s a fiber gel, meaning it actually deposits fibres onto your brows that mimic real hair and add natural fullness. The gel is tinted so it also adds colour without looking overdone. The tiny brush is perfect for applying to even the thinnest brows and it only takes a few seconds!

benefit-cosmetics-gimme-brow-volumizing-fiber-gel-light-medium-0-10-oz

theBalm timeBalm Concealer

A concealer can be a girl’s best friend when you are short on time and want to look more awake. A little concealer under your eyes can make you look positively bright-eyed and bushy-tailed even if you only got a few hours of sleep! With nourishing ingredients like vitamin A, C and E it’s hydrating for your skin and the anti-wrinkle formula is designed not to sink into fine lines around your eyes. It’s full coverage so you get the best bang for your buck if you are looking to cover up those dark circles! Just warm up a small amount in between your fingers and gently dab under your eyes to blend. Voila! You look well rested even if the kids kept you up all night.

download (1)

PTPA Blogaholics Challenge

• Ohhh! You just made my life and makeup-bag so much lighter! Thanks for the tips!

• You’re so welcome Meri! Glad you enjoyed the post 🙂

• Great tips. I normally don’t use any make up. I would like to start.

Brandi
  • The gimme brow is always being mentioned a ton by my fave beauty bloggers. I always get sheepish with brush on brow products — BUT you may have just inspired me to go slightly out of my comfort zone!

Rachel
    • I totally understand. I don’t like bold brows on me, so I am always a bit nervous about which brow products to use. I find natural options work best for me, and Gimme Brow is super light and natural looking 🙂

• So happy you found the post helpful Meri 🙂 Have a lovely day!

• I’ve been wanting to try NudeStix for ages. Good to know that timeBalm is a good concealer. I never really considered it!

• timeBalm is definitely thick in consistency, but I find it works wonders for under eyes because it doesn’t settle into my fine lines like other concealers do. Nudestix are a staple in my makeup routine!

• The timebalm is great, but you need to use a brush or pointy tipped blender sponge to get in to it as the container is tiny. I switch back and forth between this one and the Benefit Boing industrial strength concealer. Works wonders on under-eye bags!!

• So true, I use a concealer brush to apply timeBalm and it works much better than using my fingertips! I haven’t tried Benefit Boing but I might have to check it out 🙂

• I love concealer it it is a womans best friend!

• These really do appear to be great products. I don’t think I’ve heard of the TimeBalm before. Sounds interesting.

• Glad you enjoyed the post Tee! theBalm is one of the most underrated brands as far as I’m concerned. I love most of their products!

• Dual use products are a lifesaver! I’m not a mom, but I’m a busy college student and I agree with all of these. Concealer and tinted brow gel are my go to products when I don’t have enough tie to get ready. Great guest post Megan!

• Agreed! I don’t have kids either (yet! Due in March lol) but I know the value of dual purpose items for sure. Maybe these might save you a little time with your busy school schedule 🙂

• Tinted brow gel is the BEST! I’m so lazy most days and can’t be bothered with a pencil or powder, but gels only take seconds. I’m using the one I got in an Ipsy bag by Elizabeth Mott, but I’d love to try the Benefit one sometime!

• I’m always so proud of myself when I actually pencil my eyebrows in, it only happens a few times a month 🙂 Tinted brow gel is the way to go!

• I enjoyed reading this makeup review, Megan!! I think I might try out that brow gel by Benefit to up grade my brow look for 2016!

Ursula

• Thanks Ursula, glad you liked the post!

• Great post Megan – Nudestix are definitely my pick!

• Thanks Elaine 🙂 At first I was skeptical about how well Nudestix would work, but I’ve been absolutely loving their products!

• Very good, informative post

Liam
  • Im not really a fan of lip and cheek pencils, or thebalm cream concealer, (may be on my part of not knowing how to apply properly).

JaimeeM
    • I hear you, lip & cheek pencils can be tricky. I love the Nudestix ones on my lips but not as much for blush. It’s all trial and error 🙂

• Enjoyed the read 🙂 Some interesting tips, thanks!

Tracy
    • Thanks Tracy! Hope you found it helpful 🙂

• I’m not big on make-up and honestly wouldn’t know what to do with most of the products. haha. But my sister loves all of this so I will share this information with her.

• Haha maybe there’s something in this post she will enjoy! Thanks for commenting Sarah!

• I am a simplest when it comes to makeup anyway. I always wear a light shadow, usually natural tones like cream or browns, and foundation and mascara to make my eyes poem it’s just enough and I can put it on quick and feel pretty enough to go about my day. I do like the idea of these products and will look for them. I’ve only just recently started doing my brows and found a stencil and powder shading kit on amazon. I’m not typically into the dark brows on me. And my browns don’t shape. They are typically straight and don’t grow in a way to shape them and are very short in length so I’d be interested in trying Benefit’s brow products. It looks simple and easy to use. I’m still a novice at makeup as, like I said, I am a simplest and minimalist. And as a mom, you don’t always have the time to go full on with makeup. There’s plenty of wardrobe and fussy and other mishaps that seem to diminish your “me time” quickly.

• I’m glad you found a brow product you like! I don’t always fill in/do my brows but it’s nice when I have the time to do it 🙂

• I’m going to try the eyebrow gel.

jenniferann1@hotmail.com
    • I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for reading Jennifer!

• Some great new products out there love it

Margo b
  • Great products – I am curious to try the bronzing pencil!

• I’m a huge fan of Nudestix. All their products are really focused on natural beauty and enhancing rather than covering up. Highly recommend!

• I would love to try the brow fibers & concealer! Awesome review! Thanks!

Jenna A
  • Ive never tried any of these since Im not the best with makeup but seeming that the color is nude I’m not sure how I could screw up too much 😉

Shaylee
  • To be honest, I have never tried any of these products but I now would really like to try the time Balm concealer, i definitely have a few things I would like to conceal. I also think I would like to try NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencil, I have heard of it before and I will look for it at the store. Thanks for sharing this info.

• Great post! Congrats on the bundle of joy coming in March Megan! That’s so exciting!

Ashley Johnson
  • I really need to take the time to start using makeup again lol

• So true, I use a concealer brush to apply time Balm and it works much better than using my fingertips!

• I’m a busy mom and don’t use make-up

Monica Nuss
  • THanks for the great tips.

Nancy Burgess
  • I know nothing about makeup since I am a man…. But I will pass this on to my fiancee since she is a busy mom 🙂

Jeff Toplak
  • Thanks for the great tips! I want to try now!

Jckirk1@charter.net
  • good makeup products for busy moms, and even busy non-moms!

Nicky
  • Thank u these are very helpful tips I enjoyed reading

• Great post!

Jennifer Lo
  • I would love to try the Volumizing Fiber Gel!

• Make up is so fun to play around with.

Theresa
  • Not anything I would personally buy but interesting products for those who would find them useful.

• My concealer is my lifesaver! It covers those dark circles when I’ve been up with a sick child or covers those small blemishes without the need of harsh chemicals. Great list!

• Oh my , well I’m In love with all these products!! They all definitely have more than one use and it’s great to be able and get more than one benefit from one makeup product! I love makeup and experimenting with different products it’s a hobby of mine and I’ve have to say this post is one of my favorites I’ve read so far

n_liljequist@live.com
  • I love these products! Thank you for this post! Like other busy moms, we like to have multi-purpose make-up that is compact, easier and faster to use!

Ana Aquino
  • The benefit brow gel sounds awesome! My brow game is weak.

Nicole L
  • All I sometimes wear these days is a little eye liner and mascara otherwise I don’t worry about my make up and go natural. I find it so much more freeing!

Lauren S
  • thinking of trying these.

lil_ragdoll@hotmail.com
  • The concealer looks good. I’ve been looking for a good one for black shadows. And any help is appreciated so thank you.
    Where do they sell this brand?

nicolthepickle (Nicole Graham)
  • Concealer to cover the dark spots under my eyes, and a bit of blush to give my face some colour, and I feel good to face the world.

Monique L.S.
  • Ive been wondering whether I should get the Balm Time balm concealer and after reading this im heading right over to Amazon for purchase 😉 truly thank you for this article !!!

• OoooOooo. I want that Nudestick lip and cheek pencil now!

• Unfortunately I have allergies, and most everything as to be in a powder form.

Carole Dube
  • Love this!

Jessi Earnest
  • Would be interesting to try these products

Barbara O
  • My go to makeup when I have zero time is mascara!

Jessica Aldridge
  • Always looking for a great concealer and I hear so much about theBalm…time to try out this brand!!

• Great tips! Thanks!