As a new parent, the idea of getting to the gym or committing to a full fitness program can seem daunting!
The most common misperceptions and statements that I hear regarding fitness are:
- I don’t have time to work out
- I don’t want to leave my baby
- I don’t feel comfortable with my body
- I am too tired to workout
- I cannot afford a Personal Trainer
- I cannot devote an hour to a fitness program
If one of the above pertains to you, I am here to set the story straight!
- Most people feel as though they must devote an hour or more to a fitness routine! WRONG – Break fitness up into manageable chunks! 5 minutes here, 15 minutes there! It all adds up!
- I don’t want to leave my baby. NO PROBLEM…neither did I! I use my twins as my weights! I will show you how you can lose baby weight by using baby weight! An incredible experience that will get you sweating while bonding and interacting with your tot.
- I don’t feel comfortable with my body. YOU JUST MADE A HUMAN! Cut yourself some slack and thank your body for the incredible gift that it just allowed you to create! You are the most beautiful person to your partner and baby. Learn to love yourself in the moment, no matter what phase of life you are in.
- I am too tired to work out! EXERCISE WILL GIVE YOU A BOOST! It seems contradicting to get a workout in when you feel exhausted. However, even a quick 10-minute move will boost your energy, mood and pump up those happy hormones!
- I cannot afford a Personal Trainer. NO PROBLEM. I will motivate you! Any movement counts and I am going to show you how you can fit in fitness into your every day tasks.
- I cannot devote an hour to a fitness program. EVERY BIT COUNTS AND EVERY BIT ADDS UP! Again, any movement is fitness! Let’s redefine fitness and adopt the motto that every little bit counts!
Three Fun 10-minute workout ideas! No gym required!
- 10-minute tummy time. While your baby is down on the ground practicing tummy time, get down there and do your own “tummy time!” Try our 10 minute tummy time video here!
- Toned in 10! Use your baby’s weight to lose your “baby weight!” Quick and fun toned in 10 workout here!
- One of my favorite workouts is Tabata! Get your sweat on with your kids with Fit in 15!
Have fun bonding and burning with your baby!
Kelly S & O xo
There are no comments