As of late I’ve been on a total health and fitness kick. This hasn’t come easy to me. I’ve struggled with being accountable. I’ve purchased gym memberships, which have resulted in endless dollars wasted. I’ve vowed to work out every day, albeit life always seemed to interfere. I just didn’t have the proper approach or the right motivation. I was searching endlessly for a cheerleader whom was non-existent. I recently read through an article written by Sammie Kennedy where she noted the reasons WHY she wanted to stay fit. She leveraged the power of WHY. Her reasons were such an inspiration. It got my mind flowing. I was high on mental motivation. Adrenaline at it’s finest. Why did I want to stay fit? What did I want to prove? Could I achieve it? I wound up originally posting my list of 25 reasons over on my personal blog; After receiving endless amounts of feedback I decided I would share my reasons with my PTPA blogaholic readers too! So WHY do I want to stay fit?
- I want to set a healthy example for my children.
- I want to make my spouse, family and friends proud.
- I want to rock a bikini on my next vacation (whenever that may be).
- I want to feel confident about the girl staring back at me in the mirror.
- I want to be an inspiration to others.
- I want a flat stomach with noticeable abs.
- I want to fit into and rock my bridesmaid dress at my Best Friends wedding in Fall 2012.
- I want to look awesome naked.
- I want to be accountable and eat healthy.
- I want to feel more awake and alert during the day.
- I want to feel happy ALL the time.
- I want to feel strong.
- I want to buy a new wardrobe.
- I want to fit back into my beautiful wedding dress. AND – when I do I plan on booking a trash the dress session.
- I want to look HOT rocking my business attire when I should decide to ONE day go back to work.
- I want to exercise to become a natural part of my day-to-day routine. I want to rid of the feeling of having to find time to “fit it in”.
- I want to minimize stretch marks.
- I want to be able to do a minute of push-ups, burpees or plank hold without giving up.
- I want to keep up with my kids.
- I want to say farewell to muffin top.
- I want to run 5k.
- I want to prove to myself that I can do this.
- I want a constant healthy glow.
- I want to participate in a boudoir session (one day), be bursting with confidence and surprise my spouse with the images.
- I think being fit is sexy! Fit Moms ROCK!
How’s that for mental motivation!? Get active, stay fit, be healthy! Why do you want to stay fit? – Nicole
There are no comments