If you are on Pinterest you’ve probably seem the pin about the slow cooker chicken noodle soup. It’s making the rounds and I am sure pretty much every mom I know has pinned it. I figured I should jump on the soup bandwagon and try it myself.
The website that my friend pinned the recipe from is here – Jo Cooks.
That recipe is fine, but maybe had a few too many ingredients for my liking, so I pared the recipe down somewhat. When using a slow cooker I really try and stay away from recipes that require a lot of ingredients, chopping, or many extra steps past put ingredients in slow cooker and walk away. Here is my recipe for the Easiest Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 or 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 7 cups of chicken broth (I made mine using Better Than Boullion)
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
Just chop up the carrots and throw everything in the slow cooker.
- Mix water and bouillon (or open cans of chicken broth)
- Peel and chop carrots. I like small pieces of carrots so I diced the carrots.
- Peel onion – leave whole. Do not chop. I love this idea, it adds the flavour but no risk of eating a chunk of onion with a spoonful of soup!
- Chicken, carrots, onion, and broth in a slow cooker. Set slow cooker on low and let cook for 7 hours
- At 7 hour mark, remove the onion, shred the chicken and add the noodles. Let the soup cook for another 30 minutes, or until the noodles are soft.
It is as simple as that. I also added a bit of cracked pepper into my bowl, but chose to not add any additional pepper or seasoning to the soup since my daughter likes her food pretty basic.
The finished product. Great for dinner after a busy weekend day! Freeze the leftovers for work lunches or to heat up for a no stress dinner.
There are no comments