December 16th is National Chocolate Covered Anything, in case you didn’t know 😉
I welcome any excuse to celebrate chocolate, so this day is a natural fit for me. It is also impeccable timing considering the dessert that I made three times this past weekend was: Chocolate Covered Potato Chips.
A perfect combination of salty and sweet, this super easy and low cost treat can be made in a hurry using 3 ingredients, and will totally impress your family and friends!
1 bag thick cut ruffle potato chips
150g chocolate – I used half of a large Lindt milk chocolate bar.
2-3 chocolate bars of your choice – I used Skor bits, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and a Hershey’s Cookies n’ Cream bar
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet
- Break chocolate bars into small pieces and dice, or grind in food processor until you have small enough pieces to dip chips into
- Prepare potato chips in a bowl that allows you easy access for dipping
- Break melting chocolate into small pieces and heat low and slow in a sauce pan. Feel free to use a double boiler if you have one. It’s important to stir continuously so the chocolate doesn’t burn. I added a tablespoon of water to thin out the chocolate a bit.
- Dip individual potato chips into chocolate, then into crushed candy bar topping
- Lay flat on baking sheet
- Put baking sheet into fridge for 15-20 minutes
This will be my go-to dinner party contribution this holiday season – what’s yours?